Wednesday 27 July 2011

Snow!!

We were meant to climb the Galibier and Telegraph today, but its had been snowing up the top of the Galibier and the road was closed. Too bad for the people camped up there waiting for the TdF stage the next day!

Though 3 hardy souls braved the cold and rainy weather to climb the Telegraph...

As you can see by the low cloud, it wasn't that pleasant!


The 3 nutters, opps I mean hardy souls who have no feeling to cold, who wanted to climb Col du Telegraph

The rest of us decided to drive to near Alpe d'Heuz and bike from there, where the weather was much nicer and warmer. Most of the group climbed Alpe d'Heuz, I decided to save my legs for Friday when we were going to do it on race day, so I took some photos as we were driving up in the bus.



Erika - now known as Alberta Contador (hope you don't mind me calling you that ; p)

Stunning views from the top, I even got really puffed just climbing 2 flights of stairs at the hotel - we were about 2000 metres up so the air is a bit thinner and colder, about 10-15 degrees during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment